Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just had a chance to see the Davis Cinema One at a dealer today. This is the first time I've had a real chance to see a DLP, and the first thing I noticed was the rainbow's all over the place. Now, I was not even looking for the damn things, so I was a bit surpriced that it was so bad. Imagine what I felt when I started to do the eye "trick" http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Now, can anyone tell me if the Davis is worse than other DLP's, or is it just "average"?

------------------

Best regards

Lars

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is the Cinema One an SVGA unit? If so, then I think it's based on the Davis 450. The 450 is regarded as being among the very best of DLP's at not showing the rainbow. Your experience just goes to show that some people are more sensitive to the rainbow than others. But I can't help but think that you must have been viewing some source material that's especially likely to show the artifact. -- Herb

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

The Davis is a 800x600, 800 ANSI model. The movie that was used, was "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". It was dark scenes, for the most part, I was watching.

------------------

Best regards

Lars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.