AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Just beginning the long journey that is my home theater. I've tried reading through as many threads as I can to become more educated on these topics, but it's easy to get confused as to what I need......

I just bought a Panasonic PT-50LC13. I want to show it off the best that I can without breaking the bank. I would spend $200 or so on a few products if it meant my movies would look THAT much better.

My current DVD player was given to me a few years ago and is a DVD/VCR combo. Here it is Looking at the details, I see that it's not progressive scan and I don't see anything for DVI output. Can someone help a newbie out and explain how much better my picture can get with an upgraded DVD player and also offer a few suggestions in this price range? I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
198 Posts
hello and welcome to the Forum! looking over the specs for than Panny seems to indicate that it's a sweet display. I would most definitely recommend dumping the DVD/VHS combo and getting yourself into a "purer" DVD player. seeing as how your Panny sports a DVI input, you may want to consider getting a DVD player that has the same output. that will allow you to run a clean digital (unadulterated / unmodified) video signal to the display. run a search using "DVI" as your term within the DVD Player forum and you'll find a wealth of info. most importantly, I don't think you even have to spend much more than your $200 cap.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Check and see if your display will work with the Bravo and get one on the special. Otherwise get a good progressive player. I actually have a Samsung V2500 which is a combo player with very nice progressive output I got for about $150 as they were replacing them with the 3500.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.