AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to perform a 56 point convergence on my Toshiba 65hdx82 last night and noticed that it was way off - the colors were aligned, but the horizontal and vertical lines did not match my overlay grid at all. Is this typical?

I downloaded a convergence grid (in adobe format) from the net and took it to a local printer and had it printed onto opaque mylar. I then varified all measurements to the original drawing (they were dead on). I was using the grid for "full" mode as recommended here and I varified that I was in full mode in the convergence screen. all of the lines were off, but by varying amounts. Some were close, others were way off (by more than an inch).

When I was done everything looked great, but I lost one row of lines on each edge (top, bottom, left, right). I can now only see the lines that appeared on the grid and they all match exactly. Am I losing a large amount of the picture? The grids all claim to be set for the optimal overscan.

One other quick question. I saw some instructions on setting geometry and they mentioned changing the vertical and horizontal settings for the grid (moving the whole grid up/down and back/forth). I couldn't find these in the tech menu. Are these options still available?

Thanks,

Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.