AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mitsu 60hz/33.75Khz fixed scan hdtv. After a week of struggling with powerstrip, ati, windows, etc, I was finally able to achive a good 960x540 desktop (still have to fine tune for overscan, calibration etc).

I run vga directly to rgbhv of my tv set. Then I also connected my 17'' crt monitor to dvi head through dvi2vga convertor. By enabling clone mode in hydravision, I was able to run both my hdtv and crt monitor.

The reason I choose this configuration is to avoid vga switch($20 mechanical swithc) or splitter. Both switch and splitter cause some ghost image on my crt monitor when run at 1024x768, whcih is normal resolution that I used for PCing.

So when I want to watch movie using my hdtv, I use 960x540. Then when I use normal pc, I use 1024x768, without having to connect/switch anything.

Problem is now I always drive my hdtv with 1024x768, even when I am using my pc. Very often I left my TV on, when I am using my PC, or I left my PC on when I watch some TV (like downloading something). This continuously drive my hdtv with 1024x768 resolution at higher then 60Hz/33.75Khz.

My TV does not lock the signal when the scan rate is not accetable(blue screen). But my concern is whether continuous driving of regular PC1024x768 signal on rgbhv, while I am watching a tv(analog input), would damage my tv's crt. I wonder if my tv has some sort of protection circuitry auto activated when not locking the dtv signal.

If not, then I may have to go back to $20 mechanic switch or make sure that I always turns off my TV when doing PC, (not likely).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
One time the Mits46809 set I have shut off when I gave it a wrong resolution. Most of the time the picture is just scrambled. When you select an antenna input, I believe the rgbvh input is shut off to the internal circuits of the set. You might check with Mitsubishi service department about the details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.