AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bad is the movie "The Wild" as a movie ? I've heard great things about its PQ but on the same note, everybody complained about how bad the story was.

I bought this movie few days back but still haven't opened it and was wondering should I open it or return it and get something else instead.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamils /forum/post/0

How bad is the movie "The Wild" as a movie ? I've heard great things about its PQ but on the same note, everybody complained about how bad the story was.

I bought this movie few days back but still haven't opened it and was wondering should I open it or return it and get something else instead.

I asked about this movie as well, i think its one of those films you buy only for PQ so if your interested in MQ as well you should prolly skip it like me. If you have kids you may want to consider it. I personally don't have kids, and based on all the professional reviews i have read its not worth the money. Skip it

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedder /forum/post/0

I asked about this movie as well, i think its one of those films you buy only for PQ so if your interested in MQ as well you should prolly skip it like me. If you have kids you may want to consider it. I personally don't have kids, and based on all the professional reviews i have read its not worth the money. Skip it

I do not have kids but I do enjoy animated movies once in a while (Lion King is still on top of my most favorite movies
). The only reason why I got "The Wild" was because I exchanged BDs from BB BOGO deal at Walmart and all they had was MI-III and The Wild...so I picked both up.

Also, Is Moster House any good?

·
Premium Member
26,568 Posts
Monster House is terrific. I think my wife and I enjoyed it more than our 9 yo did. He liked, but I loved it. The Wild is just okay. We watched it once and I imagine we'll watch it again couple of times down the road. I bought it on Amazon used...one can find it for 15 or less.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/0

Monster House is terrific. I think my wife and I enjoyed it more than our 9 yo did. He liked, but I loved it. The Wild is just okay. We watched it once and I imagine we'll watch it again couple of times down the road. I bought it on Amazon used...one can find it for 15 or less.

wow you found the blu ray version for 15 bux.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Movie = trite kiddy fodder.

PQ = phenomenal demo material.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/0

Well my kids liked it. I much prefer Ice Age: The Meltdown. As mentioned, The Wild looks terrific though.

does "the wild" looks better than Ice Age ?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
My kids like The Wild about the same as Ice Age II. The one they really like is Nacho Libre (horrible horrible movie).

Monster House is good. The moviemaker added fake grain deliberately to the animation though, so this is one of those strange style thing where it could have been perfectly clean and CG like, but made to look like film. Bizarre.

Other than the opening tall-tale sequence, the rest of the Wild feels like Madascar in HD, but with a weaker story line. Kids will still like it though.

·
Registered
16,433 Posts
Monster House is better than Ice Age 2. I have both. Too bad about adding the film grain, though! It has more fake grain than most well shot live action movies with real grain.

Monster House's story is fairly straight forward and if they had put a little bit more effort into the characters and scripting rather than the 3D FX sequences, it could have been the next Iron Giant sleeper hit. It had potential, but sadly under performed when all is said and done. Still better than Ice Age 2!!

Dan

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman /forum/post/0

Monster House is better than Ice Age 2. I have both. Too bad about adding the film grain, though! It has more fake grain that most well shot live action movies with real grain.

Monster House's story is fairly straight forward and if they had put a little bit more effort into the characters and scripting rather than the 3D FX sequences, it could have been the next Iron Giant sleeper hit. It had potential, but sadly under performed. Still better than Ice Age 2!!

Dan

Dan

I disagree on both Picture and Movie Quality. Ice age 2 is better. Monster House is good but Ice Age is more fun.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I watched it with my wife two weeks ago (no kids there!). The PQ is excellent, the movie is ok; it's quite standard stuff, but the lions are cute and some characters are funny. My grade would be C (on a scale ranging from A to F).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyg /forum/post/0

Eh what the hell, since the thread's taken a new direction:

PQ:

The Wild > Ice Age 2 > Monster House

Movie:

Monster House > Ice Age 2 > The Wild

(Just my opinion of course)

Thats the most complete answer that i've seen so far

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.