1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
It can't get worse than that....

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Is this some kind of a joke? I have never even removed tubes that were this bad in fifteen years. They are not only worn, they're burned in too!

Bruce

:confused:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
That may be the worst wear I've ever seen, and I've seen ALOT of burned tubes. As the previous poster noted, not just heavy wear, but static image burn too. You will definitely notice it, and any projector with that much burn has been badly abused, and should be considered a "parts" machine only in regards to purchase price. Keep looking unless you're getting a real steal on it.

Mild wear, can easily be ignored, but that is almost burned black. Light output and color fidelity will be totally compromised.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moe
Think I will notice it while watching a movie? ;)
Not if you keep your eyes closed :)

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
You guys are all exaggerating!

I've come up with a new ulta-wie screen format called 200:1. I still see an area of virgin phosphor at the tops and bottoms of the tubes that can be used..:)

The nice thing to see here is that this Sony set was _VERY_ well set up, using the max phosphor area, and the chassis obviously outlasted the tubes..:)

Curt

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Wear???? What wear? That's fried to a crisp.

I'm still in tears looking at that.

Marc

·
Registered
279 Posts
:) That's a good one. I had to look at how many posts you had to see if you were joking.

MRW

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
11,000 hours ?

I sure pity the guy that had to watch it for those hours between 5,000 and 11,000 - thats a LOT of hours to spend in shear, constant torture!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
That type of image burn pattern is typical for a G70 that has been running computer desktop images for 4000 hours or so. Believe it or not the video is still watchable after a couple of beers to numb the pain and blur the vision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.