AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious because I'm having a bunch of people over to watch movies on my Sony HW50 ES and I just got the pop up to clean my air filter which occurs at 1500 hours. Since I have a

new bulb I was considering changing it at the same time if it would make the movie watching experience that much better. I don't have any idea how much better a new bulb would look vs the 1500 hr bulb. Any recommendations one way or the other?

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
What I do is keep a Lux meter.

I take a measurement when the bulb is new and replace the bulb when it's half as bright... Usually for me that's about 1000 hours.

I bought a $11 or so Lux meter from Amazon... maybe not the worlds most accurate but for comparing one measurement to the other it works correctly.

(Oh ... I wouldn't change the bulb before company ... New bulbs in my projector smell for a week or so ...)

·
Registered
19,816 Posts
Most likely you haven't noticed the dimming. Put the new lamp in. BTW, lamps usually come with a 90 day or sometimes a 6 month warranty. From the day you buy them. Always initially use them during their warranty period, to make sure they are working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts