AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have intention of putting 2 plasmas in my HT on either side of my 106" projection screen. They will most likely be on the side walls, not on the front wall, anchored with a telescoping arm. My budget is around 4K...would like to spend less if possible. any suggestions on what would be a good brand in this situation? This will be strictly for sports viewing, mostly football.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
2 PDPs for $4K total, or $4k each? If $4K total, save some more money. If $4K each, you will be in a 42" range. BTW, the telescoping mounts are expensive to buy and have installed.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You'll be spending a quarter of your 4k budget on 2 articulating arm mounts, then you have 2 crappy ED plasmas left. Up your budget by at least 50%.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
You need at least 50".

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dford42
This will be strictly for sports viewing, mostly football.
Then get two 50". :D :D :D

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit07
You need at least 50".
I disagree. As accessory TV's on each side, and not your main TV, 42" would be plenty and I would think that 37" should suffice (particularly if showing a full screen HDTV signal). Two 37" Panasonics would come in at budget as well - although the telescoping mounts might put you over.

-Scott

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that was my thought process as well snbeall. As secondary tvs I figured I be good with the 42" and just ok with a 37". I actually went out and bought the Maxent 42" HD Plasma x2 at Costco this evening. The price was just too good and even with the mounts, dependant on which one I choose at the most I'll be over budget by $150. Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Personally I'd have gone with the 37" Panasonic over a Maxent, but if it works for you, great! Just keep Costco's liberal return policy in the back of your mind.

I'm just curious, why TWO sets PLUS the main screen? Professional sports gambler?

-Scott

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
With the large projector screen flanked on either side by tiny 42"ers, you'll think you're watching PIP. Still a great setup to die for. Good luck.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got two sets strictly for football watching. Not a gambler, although I do like to throw the dice around when I get a chance. All my buddies and I get together at someones house almost every Sunday and watch all the games, typically 3 at a time. D*TV Sunday Ticket is worth every dime, even though they keep raising the price. We all play fantasy football together and I cant think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.