AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading from a NEC VT440 Business LCD Projector that is close to 7 years old NEC VT440 to the Mits HD1000u I am ordering it Friday.

I will be using it for

Xbox 360 w/ HD DVD Add-on

Comcast HD

Sony Progressive DVD player

I am currently using a Elite Vmax 101" Electric screen.--Soon upgrading to a Carada 110"

I was just wondering how big of an upgrade can I expect?

-Black level

-Contrast

-Brightness

-Color accuracy

Has anyone else made this kind of jump before? I am very excited about the projector but do not want to put my hopes up too high.

Currently watching a dark movie or a dark show like Lost in total light control is just about unwatchable its like watching bad light grey shadows move around with NO shadow detail. -This is my biggest concern as I really enjoy watching dark movies and shows when I can see whats going on.

Sports currently look Very good in HD football being the best.

So I guess my question is how high should I get my hopes up over this new budget projector?

PS Thanks for everyone who posts in this forum you have all been a HUGE help!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_showtime /forum/post/0

I was just wondering how big of an upgrade can I expect?

-Black level

-Contrast

-Brightness

-Color accuracy

Has anyone else made this kind of jump before? I am very excited about the projector but do not want to put my hopes up too high.

Go ahead and get those hopes up!!!! My first projector was the NEC VT45 so I know what you are talking about.

My projector evolution:

2002 - 2005 - NEC VT-45

2005 - 2006 - InFocus SP4805

2006 (1 month) - InFocus IN72

2007 - Present - Mits. HD1000U

The Mits will absolutely blow you away in comparison.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFatCLT /forum/post/0

Go ahead and get those hopes up!!!! My first projector was the NEC VT45 so I know what you are talking about.

My projector evolution:

2002 - 2005 - NEC VT-45

2005 - 2006 - InFocus SP4805

2006 (1 month) - InFocus IN72

2007 - Present - Mits. HD1000U

The Mits will absolutely blow you away in comparison.

Excellent exactly what I was hoping to hear!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also If anyone has a good price for this projector let me know. I am about to pull the trigger with projector people but they are based in FL so 54 dollars tax sets them about where the others prices are...

So let me know if you know of a good deal! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
$899 at Projector People (you can click the link above on the site). I know of one cheaper place online, but since they're not an AVS sponsor I can't mentiont hem. They are quite a bit cheaper though and provide free S&H too.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
MTyson, can you sametime me that site? It is ok as far as I know to st competitors to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.