AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The seating is 12 feet to the area where my screen will go. What is the biggest size screen I should put there? I currently have a 80 inch diagonal screen....is this to much or is this ok? I just set this up yesterday...I hope it will work out!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that my projector fits the screen but is this a safe distance to sit or will i get a massing headache!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What kind of projector do you have,..... what res is it, do you have a scaler or an HTPC or do you have a progressive scan DvD player?

To further help you I or we need to know more about your setup.

ddog!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just given a nec mt 820...not the best but it is a start for my new love! The res is 800x600 750 lumens it fits perfectly onto this screen. Will this be ok?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just given a nec mt 820...not the best but it is a start for my new love! The res is 800x600 750 lumens it fits perfectly onto this screen. Will this be ok?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This is a 4x3 screen right?

If so I think it will be just fine but, I will suggest that at the very least you need a progressive scan DvD player and use the component input.

I haven't looked at the spec's yet but have fun and enjoy!

ddog!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would suggest adjusting the recommended screen size for your viewing distance by your personal viewing preference, i.e., when you go to a movie theater and can sit any where you want, where do you sit? In the front third, the middle third or the back third?

I have generally found that the recommended screen sizes usally translate to the middle third but if you are like me and prefer the front third you will need to increase the screen size (sometimes considerably) to have a personally satisfying image. If you prefer the back third of the theater, I would stick with RPTV, plasma or CRT direct view.

To this adjusted screen size, I would then factor in the technical limitations of your chosen pj. If pixels won't be visible (if applicable) and the pj is bright enough for the room and the desired screen size/material then you are good to go, otherwise, you will need to reduce the screen size until it fails within the acceptable limits of the pj.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.