AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to gain access to the "Integrator Mode" menu on the Pioneer PDP-5030HD. This is the unit with the media box.

I have tried using the menu & power buttons, as you would on the 503CMX, but does not work.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I've got the 503cmx and you've already said that the 503cmx method (menu followed by power on) doesn't work. Is it possible that you get into the service menu on your unit the same way as you do on the Pioneer 1000 Elite? That may be worth a shot. See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0+service+menu

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan,

Thanks. The 5030HD uses Menu+Set+Power keys. I was missing "set". Now however, I can't seem to find the orbiter mode.

This menu is way over my head, without any documentation. If you have any further thoughts, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Did you try using ericbee's method for unlocking the integrator mode (the second paragraph of his first post that I directed you to)? If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to suggest...On the 503cmx, I get straight into the serivce menu (where the orbiter mode is) without any special fussing.

Good luck.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The 5030 and 4030 use Sharps media box and Pioneer had to revise its access code. The software in these panels is completley different from previous Pioneer models. The PDP503CMX and Pro 1000HD access codes will not work on these models.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well, I've got a 433HD and would very much appreciate to be able to turn on the orbiter mode to save the unit from burn ins... It strikes me as very odd that Pioneer have not included this feature as standard, when they are fully aware burn ins happen when used with computers...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Orbiter mode is only active in RGB mode. It does not function for any of the other input modes as you will not typically have static images present on any of them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What do you mean? Computer is the main source of static images in my world... RGB is typically used with a DVD player, and will therefore usually not have any problem with static images...

Am I the only one that believes that an orbiter mode of some kind should be standard on any plasma, especially one with XGA resolution?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Jon, do I read you correctly: You are in favor of an orbiter mode, but insist that it be user-defeatable (at least for RGB, to cover the use of that input for HTPC or externally scaled DVD)? I've not seen orbiter - are you objecting to any visible artifact when the image shifts? Cliff are you defending the logic of orbiter always engaged for the RGB input?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Den, I am not sure what you a trying to say here, so I will try to explain:

When using the plasma with static computer images (like strategy games, that I am a huge fan of), the image does not move, hence it is static. An orbiter would move the image slightly, so reduce the risk of burn ins.

I think such a function should be possible to turn on, so that I can choose to use the function if I fear for burn ins. I am not saying that such a function should be put on all the time - the consumer should decide whether to use it or not...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think I have read this thread correctly.

Does anyone therefore know the key combinations for the 4330HDE. I have a 433HDG and presume it will be the same?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
ghibliss :

Quote:
Orbiter mode is only active in RGB mode. It does not function for any of the other input modes as you will not typically have static images present on any of them.
This is an incorrect statement. The 503 technical manual states that it works on all inputs, 1 through 5.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
For both the 5030HD and 4330HD models, Integrator Mode is "not officially" available, according to the attached spread sheet. This means it probably is, but someone has to figure out the keying sequence.

You'll notice that Integrator Mode is "locked out" for the Pro1000HD, but ericbee posted the how to a long time ago.

pioneer panels.zip 10.9990234375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
To access the integrator mode on the 433HDG the key sequence is Menu-Enter-0.

I am waiting for AVIA and will do the adjustments using it first but does anyone have experience with further calibrating the 433HDG or 4330HDE using the integrator menu? It seems different from the 403MXE.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.