AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mitsubishi 65907 with vga input, so I used an old pc here just for kicks to see what it would look like, its not bad and would be fun now and then to mess with however the picture is offcenter and sort of expanded vs normal 480 & 1080 viewing.

I tried a program called powerstrip but my pcs onboard video wouldn't FULLY support powerstrip (the option area where I can manuver the screen is greyed out, doesnt let me adjust) ugh, normally when you hook a pc up the adjustments to bring everything in are on the monitor itself, however hooking upto the tv here I cant even change format views (doesnt let me).

Are there any tricks or other programs like powertstrip that would let me fine tune and adjust where and how the picture is viewed on the screen?

(right side cut off, a bit of top and bottom expanded too much, left side black bar noticable).

I do have the video set according to the tv manual however I need to find a way to center and reduce that image a bit, I thought powerstrip was gonna do it for me no problem however there is some sort of conflict with my onboard video I guess.

Thanks for any help on this,

Bill :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bummed a bit newer pentium 3 pc from a neighbors closet, (thinking maybe this video card will support powerstrip), so i can mess with this tv a bit, but when I try to load powerstrip on this pc it says,

"the primary display adaptor is not configured properly. To avoid complicating the situation, this program will terminate."

I went in and confirmed the drivers are updated and the system info shows the display adaptor is functioning properly ,,,ughhh

I only have one other pc here, its my main one (what im using now) I did load and am able to make adjustments on it with powerstrip but I want to keep this one in its own room.

Is there anything out there like powerstrip I can try on one or both of these 2 pcs to adjust the centering and such on the pic? & or has anyone ever experienced that message above and if so how did you get around it?

(again video card drivers and info appear ok yet when I try to start powerstrip it says that message above and wont let me into it.

Bill :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.