AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when trying to calibrate my black levels today, what ever option i choose either RGB FULL or LIMITED they don't pass BTB on the DVE test disc.so it's kind of hard for me to adjust the blacks appropriatly.

seems the BTB only shows up when in YcPbR mode.when playing movies this is fine but i wanted to get my blacks good for gaming and am perplexed how to do this with no BTB as a refference. is their any patterns i can use off the web to save on my ps3 and calibrate with.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Care to share?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoyledimou /forum/post/12938092

Care to share?

Do you have a similar issue? if so i would just recommend stickinh with "LIMITED" for games and "Auto" for movies which should be "YcPbR".

I found that i could n't use RGB FULL since once i calibrate my display for it, it totally ruins the blu-ray/DVD playback they don't have the same black level. the only time i got them both to be the same is when i choose RGB LIMITED instead of FULL.

i'd just leave RGB at LIMITED since like others have said a while back FULL doesn't seem to be wroking properly like it should. because if it was working properly it would remap the values from 17-235- 0-255 without affecting the brightness. but this isn't the case and i get black crush, which leads me to believe that the RGB FULL option is flawed. hopefully it get's fixed in the next update someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts