AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to take them first out of the projector? What about damage in the anti-reflective coating? What about the color correction filters? If I put them out will the projector need a new setup?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry but the manual says nothing ! I'm concerning not to destroy the anti-reflective coating (if any)

·
Registered
890 Posts
kos, if only the fronts of the lenses need cleaning, use a camera blower brush to remove all the dust first. Then , wet some tissue paper with distilled water and gently dab the lenses with the wet tissue, wipe off the water with a dry piece of tissue paper using a very gentle circular motion until all moisture, smudges, finger prints are removed.

Avoid using any chemical impregnated cloths or spray on fluids.

There are also special LENS PENS available. They have a soft dusting brush on one end and a special cleaning pad on the other. These are great for removing finger prints etc. and are safe for coatings.

Cheers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HomeThtrLA

Or ask at the unofficial Sony site, www.agoraquest.com
Did not find anything enlightning on this site

havent seen anything in the manual myself but I assume it would be like most a dam soft cloth

no detergents or solvents

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
We use lens cleaner whipes and tissue paper to clean lenses. And jus blow the dust and lint left from the tissue paper off when done cleaning.

Terry

·
Registered
84 Posts
My earlier suggestion, "Or ask at the unofficial Sony site, www.agoraquest.com " was responded to as "Did not find anything enlightning on this site."

Maybe I did not look through the site enough to see that there were absolutely no members, whose posts you would see, or non-members, whom you cannot identify, who would not know...okay, so there is nothing enlightening.

That's why I suggested asking. Until someone asks on any forum, we have no clue how much collected knowledge there is out there.

Another approach would be to ask a perhaps approachable manufacturer, one not as huge and impregnable as Sony, to see what they recommend for cleaning lenses. Vidikron. Runco. Sharp, even JVC. William Phelps has a solution that he has come up with, and I will email him and ask what it is. I'll be back to you later with his answer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On page 5 of the Operating Instructions it states:

Avoid touching the lens. To remove dust on the lens, use a soft dry cloth. Do not use a damp cloth, detergent solution, or thinner.

I have no recommendations, just thought I'd pass this along.

Bill

·
Registered
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RebelRam
On page 5 of the Operating Instructions it states:

Avoid touching the lens. To remove dust on the lens, use a soft dry cloth. Do not use a damp cloth, detergent solution, or thinner.

I have no recommendations, just thought I'd pass this along.

Bill
thanks Rebel

grab hold of the manual last night out of the cabinet

and your Right a dry soft cloth

clean case mild detergent solution using a slightly damp cloth

do not use solvents or thinners or abrasive cleansers

Dam over looked that now have read the manual totally again:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I clean the front of the lenses with a special cloth I buy from a camera shop. But I wonder if I must unscrew the lenses and clean them in the back side. Is this necessary or can I damage the projector?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.