AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a Samsung UN55d6000 and I do not want to use the IR receiver on the front of the TV (I could explain but it would only make the post longer). Unless this "ex-link" port can be used or a USB port can be used I think I have to hardwire the additional IR receiver. I am having a hard time researching this because it is so uncommon and a lot of the search terms find information about connecting an IR emitter to a receiver. I am not looking to send IR signals somewhere else, I'm trying to receive them with the TV but not using the one that is built into the front of the TV.

Actually my last sentence isn't exactly correct, I could use the IR receiver that is inside the tv but... I would have to remove it from the tv and 8 feet of cable to it to get it where I want it. I don't have much experience, if someone could tell me which of these methods I should research further I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Can you use an IR repeater to extend the length or move the IR "eye" to where you want it? It seems that would be easier than rewiring or hardwiring anything into the TV possibly voiding the warranty.

Perhaps explaining in more detail what you want to do and why would help people understand how to help you.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

The Ex-Link port can be used as an RS232 serial communication device but you need a commanding device that will send serial messages.

Control4 (Crestron etc) users can control Samsung TVs in this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts