AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I display Hi-Res (1280X720) PC DVI-A output over my Toshiba 26HL83 26" HD LCD Television's DVI-D (HDCP) input?

It will only display 640X480.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You can't. One is analog, the other is digital.

Robert

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by robert123
You can't. One is analog, the other is digital.

Robert

Then why does 640X480 work over a DVI-D cable?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Does your Toshiba have a 15-pin D-sub (standard computer monitor analog VGA) connector for PC input ?

What is the output/cable from your PC's video card ? (some have analog VGA outputs only, some have DVI-I for providing either analog/digital)

Why would you want to display 648 x 480 ? My 4-year old kids have video games that don't even request that low a resolution.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by quadad
Does your Toshiba have a 15-pin D-sub (standard computer monitor analog VGA) connector for PC input ?

What is the output/cable from your PC's video card ? (some have analog VGA outputs only, some have DVI-I for providing either analog/digital)

Why would you want to display 648 x 480 ? My 4-year old kids have video kids that don't even request that low a resolution.
Mario,

No, just a DVI-D HDCP inout- it's a Toshiba 26" widescreen LCD HD Ready TV.

My nVidia has both VGA & DVI outputs.

SInce it does do 640X480, why won't it do a higher resolution, includig 1280X720 the native res of teh panel?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Murray,

Are you able to display PC output on the Toshiba through the nVidia card's DVI output at 640 x 480 ?

If so, you probably aren't far from getting native resolution.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by quadad
Murray,

Are you able to display PC output on the Toshiba through the nVidia card's DVI output at 640 x 480 ?

If so, you probably aren't far from getting native resolution.

Yes, I can.

But, all other resolutions fail to pain the display.

I have Powerstip, but, I am not sure what help it can be in this instance.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When you say it won't do anything higher than 640x480, do you mean it doesn't work, or you're unable to select a different resolution in Windows? If Windows doesn't know the monitor type, I believe it defaults to 640x480 only - you need to change the monitor type to get more resolution options. I would guess that you need Powerstrip to do 1280x720.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would also think that the only way you would get 1280 x 720 would be with Powerstrip. That's a very non-standard resolution for PC video cards.

I would go with djs's statements, since I wouldn't expect the HDCP issue to come into play for all but one resolution.

Let us know what happens if you try other resolutions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.