AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have just got my first Plasma, its an NEC MP3 42" and Im very happy with the picture from both DVD and my PC through a DVI cable, but when I look at my Satellite receiver (Nokia 9902) connected with a Scart cable to RGB on by Plasma I get a picture looking like sometime It only has 256 colors to display ! This is most apparent in picture where the camera is moving and when you look at people´s faces legs and arms. Very disturbing...hmmm.

Is there anything that I can do to make it disappear or make the picture better? It cant be the plasma cos I don't see it when I use my DVD and PC, so maybe its my Nokia 9902 sat receiver?

And my last question is how do I calibrate my plasma? I have seen some of you here referring to a DVD that comes with the plasma but i did not get one. I just want to make a simple contrast,light and gray calibrating.

Sorry for my English :)

Thanks from Sweden

/Patrick Klemetz

·
Registered
81 Posts
Patrick, you may want to invest in an Avia Guide To Home Cinema dvd setup disc, they're around >£27 - dvdboxoffice.com is about the cheapest I've seen online. It's NTSC but this is the disc most calibration chaps recommend the home user to go for. There is also a disc called Ultimate DVD Platinum which is rather cheaper at £12.75. Postage is included. This is a good site as far as avoiding customs fees etc. I've used them several times.

You may care to check out some of the posts by Symanski (and me to him and others) as some of the posts are to UK people who have Sky digital and probably similar experiences/questions as your own.

Also Ofer on here is a bit of a guru with regard NEC's

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Hi Beta,

first, welcome to our humble forum.

Can you tell me how you're connected to your Nokia receiver?

Are you hooked up through RGBs (with the settings on the NEC set to SCART)? I mean, you have a breakout cable from SCART to 4xRCA, connected to RGB and composite?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi oferlaor,

I have my sat receiver connected from a SCART out and to my plasma 4 component rgb+h, the Image is most of the time very Good but sometimes it looks awful ( or not good ) This artifact shows up more when you are looking at peoples faces and arms etc...especially when panning left or right.

Can I get better result by connecting my digital sat receiver to another input on my plasma? ie vga or s-vhs?

When I play my Pioneer 646A connected from S-VHS to my plasma S-VHS i don't get this problem, then the picture is very very good.

Can someone post the secret service codes to my NEC MP3? or mail me directly at: [email protected]

Thanks for you're answer

PS i just ordered the AVIA DVD :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.