AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get my receiver to play my TV audio?

I have a Panasonic GT30 and it has a Netflix app. And I can't figure out how to make the audio from Netflix play through my receiver. All of my devices are connected to the receiver and are being outputted through 1 HDMI cable.

Basically, what do I have to do to get Netflix audio to play through my receiver?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You would either have to be using the audio return channel over the HDMI cable, if your receiver supports it, HDMI 1.4, I believe. Or, you run red and white analog cables from your TV's audio out in the rear to your receiver, or if your TV has an optical out, that would work as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEastSide /forum/post/20822057

You would either have to be using the audio return channel over the HDMI cable, if your receiver supports it, HDMI 1.4, I believe. Or, you run red and white analog cables from your TV's audio out in the rear to your receiver, or if your TV has an optical out, that would work as well.

My receiver does support the ARC but how do I turn it on?

Edit: actually it doesn't.

I guess I'll just use an optical cable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You may have to go into your TV's audio options and turn the TV speakers off, if you haven't already. Most TVs require you to turn off the TV speakers and set the menu option to "external speakers" before the TV will send the audio signal out to your receiver.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20822400

optical output on the TV should work whether on not the internal speakers are on. My Panasonic Plasma and LCD HDTVs work that way and so did my Sony SXRD prior to that.

Hes right. The optical is always outputting and you NEED to use a digtal cable to get dolby digital from net flix. If you use the analog you will only get stereo and who wants that any more these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.