AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Pio 533HS, multiple titles on the same DVD can be selected from a menu once it's been finalized. Is there any way to have chapters show-up instead of just titles in the menu? On commercial produced DVDs, chapters do show up in the menu.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Most (if not all?>possibly Toshiba can) DVD recorders cannot show chapters in the menu. It is this very shortcoming that forces me to "author" rewriteable DVD's recorded on my DVD recorder to DVD-R using my PC and TMPGenc DVD Author software. I get nice custom menus, with thumbnails for the chapter stops (works great for concert films). Good luck.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
As vferrari noted, the best solution for this is to burn to -RW and reauthor the DVD on a computer.

However, if you really must see chapters in the title window, then use the playlist to split the title into multiple titles at the chapter marks. They play continuously from one title to the next anyway, so the only difference in playback having chapters and having multiple titles is how they appear in the menu.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealeyGuy
...However, if you really must see chapters in the title window, then use the playlist to split the title into multiple titles at the chapter marks. They play continuously from one title to the next anyway, so the only difference in playback having chapters and having multiple titles is how they appear in the menu.
Yes, that's what I've done. There are a few extra steps, but it's not too bad.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by probepro
Yes, that's what I've done. There are a few extra steps, but it's not too bad.
I've tried that too on my Pio 520 but you do get a slight hesitation when it goes from title to title I noticed, as opposed to seamless with chapters. Or am I not doing soemthing to get rid of the slight hitch?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.