AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya guys,

I am looking for some advice on how I can mount a TV in my home office. I'm thinking the TV will be positioned in front of the closet for best viewing.

To do this, I'm thinking the arm/mount will be attached above the closet and then extends down. The problem with this is that is just drywall and there are no studs.

Another possible solution (not preferred) is for the arm/mount to be attached between the window/closet and then extend out to the front of the closet.

I'm looking to put a 40-50" LCD here.

Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
635 Posts
There are studs above that door somewhere. It should not be an empty cavity. Should be at least one. Doesn't help you "much", but would be better than nothing. Especially for the kind of articulating arm type setup you are talking about. You could use toggle bolts for the rest of the mounting points.

Or, you could cut out the drywall, find some studs up there and to the left edge of the closet, and mount a piece of thick OSB or plywood the same surface level as the drywall. Finish it and paint it. Then attach the mount to that with toggle bolts and screws.

Out of the box thought - do you have access above that room? What about a ceiling mount?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts