AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
You have a board cage like this in PG projectors...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Cards in the board cage are arranged like this..

·
Registered
153 Posts
When you go to select the point convergence on the remote and nothing happens, then you do not have the board.

Question for Cookie since you supplied a good picture of the inside of the NEC. I have an NEC as well and was wondering what the pots to the left and right of the fan in the back do? I don't want to touch them without knowing what they do. I think there are nine adjustments on each side of the fan and four a little further back from the nine.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those pictures weren't my actual projector. My 9PG doesn't have the label on the boardcage so it wouldn't have been any help in locating the position of the point convergance board.

A picture of my actual projector is attached. As can be seen i don't have the same adjustments on either side of the fan that you are referring to. And i have never touched them anyway. So I can't comment on what their function is.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Those pots are to adjust the white balance, reference, etc. Do NOT twiddle with those unless you have a manual and an oscilloscope to do a total realignment of the PJ.

Marc

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Yes..... those pots adjust all the absolute reference settings and are a PAIN to redo. This is only advisable IF the tubes are replaced, and IF a good picture cannot be obtained, and IF someone else just plain turned the things. I had to do this once, and would rather have a root canal. The G2 pots are more forgiving, since there are only 3 and those are on the white potted box. Again, only touch if screwed with. If you are in LA, maybe we can hook up and I can teach you a bit about the beast.

Marc

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those three pots with the plastic warning cover are the G2 controls. Good idea not to touch them if you don't know how to set them correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.