AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on my thread here below I've gathered I should have a set up that can run HD through my whole house via the three coaxial cables I have running to each room.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1226537

Here is a shot of the set up in the closet.

This is behind LR TV.

Bonus Room TV

I just wanted to confirm 1080 HD is possible and exactly what I'll need to pull it off? At this point I've gathered that I'll need a component matrix switcher and some adapters.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Yes it's possible over component and you can use 3 RG-6 cables to carry component video. I believe everything else you need is already answered in your other thread correct?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 /forum/post/18153033

Yes it's possible over component and you can use 3 RG-6 cables to carry component video. I believe everything else you need is already answered in your other thread correct?

I think so. I just wanted to come here to verify a component matrix switch and some adaptors are all I'll need before I make some purchases.

I will hook the audio up in the closet which runs out to speakers that are in the ceiling in various rooms.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Well you can get the adapters or make some custom cables just to test everything out, once you know what all your sources are going to be, go ahead and get the switcher you need.

It may be cheaper over all to get a crimp tool and the proper f-connectors for the wall side and RCA jacks for the display side vs buying a bunch of connectors. You can make your own component cables with RG-6 as long as you keep all three leads at equal length.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.