AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple of hours and still none the wiser, so here's what I need.

My HTPC set up will be dual functional - (when the parts arrive and I set it up tomorrow).

AMD A64 X2 4600

MSI K9AGM2-FIH AMD 690G AM2 Mobo with hdmi/vga out

2 gigs PC 800 dual channel

etc.

Hauppauge HVR-1600

XPSP2 with BTV 4.6

Wife needs system for email, surf and a little word pro - max about 2 hours a day.

The rest of time the system will run as a HTPC.

I've been looking for a solution that would enable my wife to switch from the HDTV to the PC's monitor easily and preferably with a keystroke macro? The HDTV would be connected via the HDMI output and the PC monitor via the vga.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just use the video cards drivers Hotkeys function to select between Profiles you setup and save with the video card driver.

I have:

Single Display (just my LCD monitor)

MCE 1080P (The SONY TV at native res and the monitor at 1080p which is too big but navigable.

Gaming 1080P

Single Display Gaming

CSS Gaming

MCE Extended

All these are setup with different timings and display settings and such.

For single monitor i have it set up for a CTRL+Shift+S and it jumps back to single display. The rest I just click on the ATI tray icon.

Just make one for her and one for HTPC use and nothing else to buy and it will work, isn't that refreshing. Hopefully, your driver will work like ATI's (that is and ATI/AMD board right?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by feraltoad /forum/post/0

Just use the video cards drivers Hotkeys function to select between Profiles you setup and save with the video card driver.

Just make one for her and one for HTPC use and nothing else to buy and it will work, isn't that refreshing. Hopefully, your driver will work like ATI's (that is and ATI/AMD board right?)

Refreshing!!!

Not half as much as an ice cold schooner of VB on a hot summers arvo, but it is definitely music to my ears.

Thanks for that, yes it is an ATI/AMD - it's the latest 690G chipset so this will be interesting. After posting the above I went searching on the AMD site and found that this should work with the ATI Catalyst software which supposedly allows this sort of thing.

I'll post the experiences when I get this thing operational.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.