AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to unplug the network cable from my 5040 while we had some remodeling done. The box was unplugged for 4-5 days. When I plugged it back in it no longer worked.

The network setup has been working fine for over a year. It uses DHCP, plugs into a switch.

I have tried.... three different cables.. tested each and they are good.

I have tried different ports on the switch.

I have rebooted the box several times and attempted to get it to ask for a new IP address. It always says there was a problem connecting, try again later.

The lights are not on, on either the replay box or the switch.

Any help or ideas would be really appreciated.

Pat Sullivan-Jain

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good question.. I'll have to do some serious furniture moving to get to the back of the replay box. I won't be able to do that for a few hours. I'm been dragged off to dinner.

I'll check the pins later this evening.

Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The fact that the network LED's are not illuminated indicates that either the network connection isn't making it to the replay or the replay network IC is burnt out. Try eliminating some of the ethernet cabling by moving the replay closer to your modem or hub. If the network is present, you will see the LED's illuminate within seconds of plugging the replay power cord in.

On a side note, if your internet provider is Comcast you will need a router between the replay and your modem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.