AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting everything ready to put together a HTPC. I have the components and everything picked out. The last thing i need for this to work perfectly would be something that allows me to use my existing Harmony 880 (really like this remote) to send a signal to turn on the PC.

I have read that one the Asus Deluxe boards has its own remote to turn the PC on, but those boards are expensive and more then i wanted to spend on the board alone.

Another one i just saw was an iMon solution, which looks line but is RF. That is fine as long as I can get my Harmony to output an RF to control the PC and IR also to control the rest of my equipment.

If there are any other solutions/adapters/hacks please let me know. I really really, dont want to use another remote. I don't mind buying a package that includes a remote but i don't want to have to use it.

Please give links if at all possible so that i can read up on the stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
There's a recent thread on remotes and starting from standby. There was a post in there about starting from off.

I just have the bios turn mine on at 4:45 every afternoon. I don't use a remote on my HTPC at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.