AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my 5 year old Denon progressive scan, non-HDMI DVD player with a new DVD Recorder. The general consensus is that OPPO makes the best DVD player, but apparently they don't make a recorder. Will they be coming out with one soon?

If not, any recommendations on a (upconverting) recorder for my Panny 50PX600U? Since I'm using a Comcast Cable card I don't want to use/rent their recorder box.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Most people recommend having a DVD player that is separate from the DVD recorder. Many reasons are given including better playback quality with players-only units and less wear and tear on the recorder's drive. So buy the OPPO player you want and buy the DVD recorder you want.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealeyGuy /forum/post/0

Most people recommend having a DVD player that is separate from the DVD recorder. Many reasons are given including better playback quality with players-only units and less wear and tear on the recorder's drive. So buy the OPPO player you want and buy the DVD recorder you want.

sounds reasonable! But it still doesn't explain why doesn't OPPOmake a recorder.

·
Registered
862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDi /forum/post/0

Why doesn't OPPO make a recorder?

E-mail them here: [email protected]

Or call them here: 1-650-961-1118

and ask them. Maybe they might be working on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.