AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pre-ordered some Blu-Ray's from amazon.com for the first time. I did it, because appearently there is a price reduction. I didn't know about that, however it won't arrive until at least June 5, and movies come out May 22 and I pre-ordered on the 15th. Why don't Amazon pre-orders come with complimentary 2-day delivery? It's not really that much of a savings if you have to wait 3 weeks for a movie.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Amazon gives priority based on how much you 'want' to spend. With prime I got free 2day shipping. But it says POTC will ship on 22 arrive 24.

I expect to have Hellboy around June 5.

·
Registered
977 Posts
They're shipping estimates are off most of the time. Also it wouldn't be a very smart business model to give complimentary 2day shipping on pre-orders as Amazon doesn't make any extra dough off of us being impatient.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. The anticipation was unbearable.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec_MC /forum/post/0

I recently pre-ordered some Blu-Ray's from amazon.com for the first time. I did it, because appearently there is a price reduction. I didn't know about that, however it won't arrive until at least June 5, and movies come out May 22 and I pre-ordered on the 15th. Why don't Amazon pre-orders come with complimentary 2-day delivery? It's not really that much of a savings if you have to wait 3 weeks for a movie.

Actually your movies are shipping late because you may have a movie/s that releases after May 22 in your order. Check that and let us know.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Trent /forum/post/0

Actually your movies are shipping late because you may have a movie/s that releases after May 22 in your order. Check that and let us know.

He may not have any releases after May 22. I began checking out a pre-order of Flags Of Our Fathers last week (May 22 release) and the shipping date was going to be May 29 if I used Super Saver shipping. Although I'd probably get it in a few days after that, June 5 was probably the far end of the arrival range. There's just something aggravating knowing that they are intentionally holding the order. It probably still arrives in the same amount of time as it does when some place that uses media mail ships it on release day, but somehow more aggravating until it does ship.

·
UHD Addict
39,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted /forum/post/0

With Prime 2-day shipping, my preorders are usually shipped out the Monday before release, and I receive them the Wednesday after.

The same for me only 90% of them I receive on Tuesday which is the official release day which is perfect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Amazon ships the free shipping orders out slowly.

Last time I ordered The Departed with free shipping and it didn't ship for 2 days. I canceled and signed up for the Prime Trial and it shipped the next day...go figure

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod /forum/post/0

Amazon Prime baby! My copies are already on the way!!!

I'm prime with a scheduled delivery on 24. No ship yet. When are your's due?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
As others have said, if you choose free shipping, don't expect express delivery. It's free. Priority goes to people who paid for shipping or are Amazon Prime members. Those who choose free shipping will wait.

If you're in a hurry, don't choose the free shipping option and you'll see that estimated delivery date jump up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.