AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Soleus Mini Split AC working and was wondering what you all keep your temp at in the theater.

My room is 14x21, 8ft ceilings, no windows, Sharp 9000 Dlp (which throws off a lot of heat)

I have 8 seats but normally its just my wife and I watching.

I've tried 64, way too cold, then 70, still cold.

I know I could keep playing with the thermostat but somebody out there has probably done this already.

Oh, for those that have a dedicated cooling unit, do you keep the unit running all the time or just when you show a movie.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
70 When I am in the room. 72 or higher with the wife. I leave it on all the time.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
74 or 75 when we are in the room. The rest of the time I just set it to cool the room when it reaches over 85. I put in a Chronotherm IV thermostat so it automatically cools the theater friday and saturday nights when we normally watch movies.

·
Registered
24,892 Posts
No real answer is possible. You will never satisfy everyone. An added benefit of having a home theater is what you can have with you etc. I set it at 71 degrees. For me that is perfect most of the time and allows for a little rise if there are a dozen or more in the room. I just tell folks bring up a blanket we have tons. The key is you can cover if you are chilled but a hot stuffy room leaves no options. I go a little cooler.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have a smaller room than you. 12x15 give or take

have the therm set at about 75-77 and keep humidity at ~52-55%

thats seems the most comfortable (seating for 3 anyways)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.