AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my projector for about one week now and it was just fine. I reconfigured the profiles to use low power mode and tweaked some other settings in the User1 profile.

Last night I noticed that the screen was a lot brighter. When I checked the menu I saw that the projector was now using Cinema mode and the lamp setting was back to high power mode. I switched to User1 and it had been reset to the factory defaults and was in high power mode as well. Other setting (ie. auto search inputs, auto standby) are still set the way I left them.

The only thing I did differently yesterday before I noticed the changes was try and configure my new Harmony 880 remote. Is it possible that something forced a reset of the projector?

thanks,

John

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. I had not looked at the menus yesterday until I reconfigured them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perry was absolutely correct.

I noticed this when I played with the projector last night.

John

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The Pearl stores independent setings that are stored in different memories for each different input and signal type. It is a bit confusing, but offers a lot of flexibility. I will give you an example:

I can output either a 720p or a 1080i signal format from my ExpressVu model 6000 satellite box say, for example, through the component output. I can have different settings for my Pearl (Dynamic, Standard, Cinema, User 1, User 2, User 3) for each of those two signals and the Pearl will switch automatically between the settings as I change the type of the output signal from the satellite box.

If you read the manual carefully, you will notice in the Specifications section (preset signals) that the Peals has some tens of memory numbers.

Could it be perhaps that you changed the input signal?...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.