AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way you have installed the lens from a drop ceiling? I have a Panamorph 752 with a Panny 500U.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
NOONE has installed a lens and PJ to a drop ceiling? :confused: There has to be someone.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I would think it would be similar for those that have finished (drywall) ceilings. The projector/lens mount could still be attached to the rafters in your basement. You most likely will have to cut a hole your tiles for the mount shaft to come down through.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I hung a 24" square shelf about 1 foot below the ceiling, supported by threaded rods at the corners. I then set my H78 on the shelf and the lens in front of it. This only works if you have a pj with lens shift

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
I've seen one install where the tile was removed and replaced with MDF, painted to match and then the projector bracket was hung from the MDF. So for intensive purposes, it looked like any standard ceiling as the suspended frame can hold a fair weight...

Mark

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mark! That sounds like a great approach! :D

Would you know where that thread is?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitod
Thanks Mark! That sounds like a great approach! :D

Would you know where that thread is?
No I actually saw the install in the room...

Mark

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had a thought regarding this. I just recently purchased a projector mount from Perfectmounts.com. I ordered with it a false ceiling plate adapter. You could probably order just this part and attach the lense to it. Check out their website for pics and instructions. The fit and finish is first rate on the one that I got plus they have a money back satisfaction guarantee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.