AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finishing up putting together a set of Volt-8s and I'm trying to decide how I want to get them wall mounted. I had thought about just putting some sort of picture frame type hook on the back, but realized that these things are pretty heavy, and there is probably a better choice out there. So, anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I'm finishing up putting together a set of Volt-8s and I'm trying to decide how I want to get them wall mounted. I had thought about just putting some sort of picture frame type hook on the back, but realized that these things are pretty heavy, and there is probably a better choice out there. So, anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks!
French cleats are a good way to go. Home depot sells a few different sets called "hangman". This set has rails that are just over 7" long and will hold 60 pounds (if secured properly, obviously).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/OOK-Hang...g-Mounting-Screws-7-Piece-Kit-55310/202341623

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
207 Posts
I used the french hangman cleats from parts express for my V10's. Same concept, but they did come with rubber pads to put on the bottom corners of the speakers to keep the cab off the wall. I'm sure you can get those pads at any WalMart/HomeDepot. They were the size of a pea and self adhesive. I've had no vibration issues.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Wal-mart and Menards both carries the Hangman Speaker kit like found at Parts Express. Home Depot and Lowes carry the Hangman picture kits. The speaker kits includes everything needed for a pair of speakers while the picture kits need to be purchased in multiples and don't include the vibration pads.

Reactions: dtsdig
1 - 7 of 7 Posts