AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if its even possible or if there are places that will do it. How much would it cost? The reason I'm thinking of this is along the lines of Interlaced player>SDI>iScan HD>DVI>AE500 PJ or similar.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I'll check it out. If I did an SDI-mod to my interlaced player, what would be the ideal method for connecting to, say, an iScan Ultra or iScan HD? VGA or DVI cable?

thanx

:)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
cpc,

An SDI mod means that the MPEG stream is available for output through a single BNC connector for connection to another device. You have to use a single BNC-type cable.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Of the two, only the iScan HD is capable of accepting an SDI signal.

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer. Ok. That solves that. Wow. An SDI mod is expensive and then the iScan HD is expensive again. I think I'll just go ahead and upgrade my PJ and if it looks ok in terms of scaling I'll leave it at that or try an Ultra for now.

Dream setup would be:

My 5 disc interlaced Panny (no CUE prob).

SDI>

iScan HD>DVI

Panny AE500

But for now, I'll just upgrade my AE100 to an L300 and see how it goes with the iScan Pro.

:)

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
The iScan HD is $1499, isn't it? If you can solder, one of those links above will get you to an SDI board for $130. The soldering is not for amateurs, but well worth it for the capable tweaker.

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The iScan HD MSRP is $1499.00 so it'll likely sell for around $1299.00. The Ultra I believe has an MSRP of $1299.00 and retails for $999. I imagine there might be some people who will sell their Ultra's in order that they be able to upgrade to the HD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.