AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....a Sanyo Z2? Friend of mine had one bite the dust....served him well for over 4.5 years! He's seen my 1080p (Epson 8350) and says he's content with the 720p resolution. So how do these new LED 720p projectors stack up against that old Sanyo? Will he be impressed, or is it more of a lateral move?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
some smaller single chip lcos(Isival) and the qumi and hybred casios are all thats out and only the qumi uses the new pico 720p chip.They are all data pjs,so probably most will not use as a main PJ.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat meat /forum/post/20811857

some smaller single chip lcos(Isival) and the qumi and hybred casios are all thats out and only the qumi uses the new pico 720p chip.They are all data pjs,so probably most will not use as a main PJ.

But if he was impressed with the Z2, are these LED clones not just as bright. I don't remember the Z2 or Z3 being all that bright in the first place...

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman /forum/post/20812053

the Qumi led blows the old sanyo out of the water

night and day better

Thanks man, I'll suggest that to him. I guess a**zon is the cheapest vendor right now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
my experience with QUMI was not good. I couldn't ever get it to focus properly. For that reason I recommend stay away from QUMI, I tried 2 of them with similar (not identical) problems. You can read more about my (and others) problems in QUMI thread if you're interested.

I am going to wait on the new 500 lumen LED's (soon please!!), if they don't come out quickly I will rather just get an acer h5360 or similar.

I should just point out that it's not the brightness AT ALL that makes me want the 500 lumen PJ over QUMI, it's just the focus issue. I think the larger case of the 500 lumens might allow for better lens which hopefully can actually focus an image. brightness of QUMI for me was very good, on screen of slightly over 80"...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
the z2 is a 800 lumens-the qumi is 300lumens and dosnt have a zoom or lens shift-the z2 was compared to very good pjs of its time ..I would be carefull recommending the qumi.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Just remember a pico projector is just that; portable and small. They are not meant for HT. They can be used that way, but were not designed for it. The only LED projectors that are truely "great" are the 10K plus and they are not cheap.

SIM2 and Runco are supposed to be coming out with new LED version at CEDIA. We will just have to see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.