Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching..but no luck.

I am running a nvidia 6600GT (AGP) to a Phiilips PF429630A (42" plasma) via DVI->HDMI and whenever i attempt to set the resolution to 1366X768 the display driver gives me an "invalid resolution" message..

from reading here it seems as though if i could get my front and back porch settings correctly i could get that resolution as it is the "native" resolution for my TV according to the manual etc..not sure if this assumption is correct.. ;) I am not sure how to find these settings and am also afraid of messing up the plasma "playing around" with different settings (is there a chance i could ruin the TV by changing things?)

also has anyone with the 6600GT installed had problems with thier system rebooting when starting any type of video playback? I have a pretty old shuttle system for my HTPC amd Athlon XPpro (either a 24 or 2600+) so i know i may have to upgrade for some HDTV but i would think i should still be able to play an MPG on the TV without my system crashing.. any suggestions?

this system has worked great for the last few years outputting DVB (FTA of course) to my old 36" wega via Svideo

thanks in advance for any suggestions etc..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
HDMI accepts 480i/p, 720p and 1080i only. That explains why you get that invalid res message. I know feeding it 720p is not optimal but that's your only choice w/ HDMI.

For pixel mapping, use VGA or component...

Concerning your video crashing, I would change video drivers as a first step..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.