AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered this $15,000 Sony UST projector and I want to have the best image from this projector. I have read from reviewers that despite its good PQ out of the box, it is better to have it calibrated. I have never had any calibration to projectors in the past. My question is: How do I get my Sony VPLVZ1000ES calibrated? Do I Google and find an audio/video calibrator nearest my home to do it? It is probably not wise to have any Geek Squad from Best Buy touch my Sony VPLVZ1000ES.
What is your suggestion? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Congrats on the VZ1000! I am sure you will be most pleased with it.

As for calibrators, there are a few on here who will be able to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy it for a while before you do get it calibrated first is my advice however.

Get at least 100 hours on it before you get it done (if you even feel it is needed at that stage) as it will allow the system to bed in first.

:cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the VZ1000! I am sure you will be most pleased with it.

As for calibrators, there are a few on here who will be able to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy it for a while before you do get it calibrated first is my advice however.

Get at least 100 hours on it before you get it done (if you even feel it is needed at that stage) as it will allow the system to bed in first.

:cool:
That is a good advice. I will follow your suggestion and use it at least 100 hours before I decide to calibrate it or not.

Oh...and thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts