AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry for the stupid question I did a search elsewhere and cannot find a satisfactory answer. I have a NEC VT540 Pj and just got a ultra panatar lens and I plan to use the lens to watch 16:9 movies using zooom player. I got zoom player version 2.9

Can some one explain me in laymans terms how I can squeeze the 16:9 image in my HTPC DVD player to 4:3 ratio so i can expand it back to 16:9 with my panatar lens. I tried doing it mouse wheel but it seems to crop the image and not squeeeze the image the way I want it.

Is there any advantage to using version 3.0 I tried it and got some error messages so I went back to 2.9 whcih is working fine I am using powerdvd player.

Also I read a lot about people getting filter like sonic filters to use with zoom player. what exactly are filters do they improve image quality.

what does ffshow do and will I need that also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I may be misunderstanding the questions but I just right click on zoom player and go to aspect ratio -> 16:9

When i watch 16:9 from my key digital transcoder on my projector (or moniter for that matter) it fills the whole 4:3 screen. On my moniter I just use the menu settings of the moniter to squish the vertical size to the right ratio. On the projector in my menu settings there is a setting for widescreen format.

Hope that helps,

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.