AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've got a Panasonic TH-42PX6U. I can't seem to figure out how go connect my computer to it so i can use it as a monitor. There's nothing in the manual about it. Any ideas?

thanks

john

·
Registered
88 Posts
If your computer has HDMI, then use it out of your computer and in to your TV via HDMI.

If not, the next best connection is VGA out of your computer and in to your TV via VGA (PC in).

If you TV does not have VGA in, then S-video out of your computer in to your TV via S-video, but this will not give you a good picture.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YafPan /forum/post/15432646

I've got a Panasonic TH-42PX6U. I can't seem to figure out how go connect my computer to it so i can use it as a monitor. There's nothing in the manual about it. Any ideas?

HDMI is probably your only choice for that older model. Even if it had a VGA input, that usually looks like crap on a 768p plasma. I guess it would have been helpful if you told us what kind of video outputs your computer has, if any.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a Pioneer FHD1 that is hooked to cable, over the air, wd tv and computer monitor at times using 25FT HDMI Male to DVI-D Male CABLE for HDTIV PLASMA DIGITAL VIDEO.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

The picture i am getting is unbelievable for a computer monitor. I am waiting on a better video card because at this time cloning my monitor and fhd1 the same, i can only go up to 1280 x 768(for monitor to look right, fhd1 will go higher). That is using a Nvidia Fx5200 but the video card i have comming in should even do better. I can't believe the picture and how great the text is on the fhd1 from all the way across the room. This card will go higher i have but then my puter monitor won't work. I had to have a better graphics card to adjust the fhd1 higher and monitor lower.

Be sure to to get the latest drivers for your video card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the replies! thanks.

I've got an IBM thinkPad T42 laptop.

I found that it has an s-video port so bought a s-video cable and connected it to the s-video input on the tv but it is not displaying anything. I flipped the computer to presentation mode (like I do when i connect it to our office projector) but the tv is still blank.

thanks!

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.