AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Denon 5803 as a preamp with a Bryston 6B ST 3 channel amp for my front three speakers in my home theater. The 5803 has an output in the back labeled "POWER AMP control out" which appears to be a single cable output.

The Bryston amp has a place on the back for two wires that are to be used as an external input to control the amp. The Bryston manual suggests using 22 gauge or 18 wire as inputs.

Does anyone know how I might connect the two so that the amp goes on when I turn on the receiver? Do I need some strange kind of cable to connect them?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Those are 12v DC trigger switches that you'll need but if your Denon already has the terminal for it I would try to compare the specs b/w the Denon & Bryston manuals to make sure they are within the specified voltage then go to Radio Shack & look for cables with the right connectors (most likely 3.5mm mini plugs). Cable gauge isn't usually important in this case since it only carries the on/off signal plus 22 gauge is already quite thin to start out.

Denon 5803 & Bryston amps, you have heck of a setup there dude.

PF

·
Registered
232 Posts
This should be real easy. From the PDF of the 5803 manual, it appears to use a 1/8" mini plug for control. Just get a Radio Shack 42-2454 cable. Insert the plug into the control socket on the Denon, cut off the lugs on the other end, strip the wires, and attach to the screw terminals on the Bryston, and you're done!

Seth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.