AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a way to completely disable any form of on screen display for my Samsung 40" LED (UA40C6900)? Specifically, I want to hide:
  • OSD that shows current input (HDMI)
  • volume controls

I'm using the TV as a pc monitor to display digital artwork. I want to power on and adjust volume without showing any display information but don't know if this is possible? Would also like to disable the audio jingle when powering on/off the unit.

I've looked into the service menu, but it looks quite complicated so I didn't mess with it. Help?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
^^^Then it's logical to assume this option doesn't exist. They've always had a way to turn off the jingle and some could dim or turn off the illuminated Samsung logo on the bezel below the screen. The OSD only shows up for a few seconds when you turn the tv on, change channels with the set's tuner, or switch inputs--most people like to know if they've selected the intended input or tuned the correct channel. If there were an option to turn it off some idiots would do so accidentally and Samsung would be flooded with complaints.

·
Registered
522 Posts
^^^Then it's logical to assume this option doesn't exist. They've always had a way to turn off the jingle and some could dim or turn off the illuminated Samsung logo on the bezel below the screen. The OSD only shows up for a few seconds when you turn the tv on, change channels with the set's tuner, or switch inputs--most people like to know if they've selected the intended input or tuned the correct channel. If there were an option to turn it off some idiots would do so accidentally and Samsung would be flooded with complaints.
Apologies for bring up a very old thread, but...

That's not a logical assumption. Many television sets have hidden service modes.

I'm not sure about you model, but that's the type of option that you might find it a the service menu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.