AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a brand new 52D62U for $1500 and I'm lovin' it so far... Only thing I hate is the brightness auto adjust itself. On my 42D64U I have an option called "Active Contrast" and I can disable it avoid this problem I'm having with the 62U.

To make this short, I'm trying to disable the Active Contrast on my 62U but there is no option like that in the menu so I would like to know if there is any other way.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UXSam /forum/post/14184994

Hi, I just got a brand new 52D62U for $1500 and I'm lovin' it so far... Only thing I hate is the brightness auto adjust itself. On my 42D64U I have an option called "Active Contrast" and I can disable it avoid this problem I'm having with the 62U.

To make this short, I'm trying to disable the Active Contrast on my 62U but there is no option like that in the menu so I would like to know if there is any other way.

If the new Sharps work the same way as the older ones there is a way. In the basic picture settings, turn the OPC on. Go into the advanced settings and limit the OPC range +/-1 from the back light setting that you prefer. That should prevent the OPC from bouncing all over the place.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I believe he is referring to the "enhanced picture contrast" that is similar to DNIe that samsung uses. OPC adjusts the back-light according to ambient light conditions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, when the TV displays a dark picture, the contrast or backlight goes dark automaticly then when it's on a bright picture, it goes back up. Please, if you have a solution, please let me know.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts