AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a metro star 360 but need to tune the reception since its reception on some channels is not symetrical all the way around the disc (see ms-2000.PDF on the winegard site).

does anyone know how to tell the orientation of 0 degrees on the antenna so I can rotate it properly? My gut is that 0 degrees is the same as the orientation of the logo.

·
Super Moderator
19,066 Posts
If I read correctly, it's an omni-directional antenna, so it shouldn't matter which way the logo points. Of course, in practice, that's never actually the case, but you'll have to do trial-and-error positioning to find out what works best. Or swap it for something a bit more directional.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Per the PDF I referenced the reception is not symetrical all the way around the disc. Some portions of the disc are better for certain frequencies so I _must_ rotate it for optimal reception.

·
Super Moderator
19,066 Posts
Correct, but it probably has a different sweet spot for different frequencies. Trial-and-error is your best bet. Find a station you're having an issue receiving. Use the logo on the disc for a reference and just move it 10 degrees at a time, let it sit for a second, then check the reception. Take notes as you change stations. Laborious, but about the only way to position an omni to take advantage of its strong and weak spots.

If you don't have any luck in your first cycle, move the location of the antenna a few feet and try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.