AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to research how to get FireSTB working on my machine. I can really only find instructions for MCE2005 and for other STBs. I have a Motorolla DCT-2600 and W7MC. How do I get the drivers for my STB and is there a guide for setting this up? The only thing I want to do is change channels. I don't want to record from firewire as I have a capture card that has on-board processing.

Is using FireSTB to change channels on STBs much faster than using an IR blaster? Currently it takes several seconds to change channel because it is relayed through the blaster.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Check the other thread. I posted a link to the drivers and some instructions. Never heard of a DCT-2600. Just try installing the drivers. Sometimes the closest driver will work. You don't always have to match the exact model. For example, I have a Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. EXPLORER(R) 4240HDC. This exact model is not supported directly but the driver installs has the 4250 and after playing with the command line switches a bit it worked just fine. Make sure you install both the drivers and timmoore command line application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts