AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my DTC-100 and after hooking it up to my OTA antenna and watching some HD tonight I notice that the picture fills my 16x9 screen except that there is a black bar on the left hand side. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Also if your like me and got the DTC-100 for HDNet only and are using a single round dish pointed at 119 you MUST repoint the dish at the 101 orbital position to get the upgrade (which is a must if you have SW version 4.0b or lower and need to change the timing setting which is available only on SW above 4.0b). Check your upgrade menu to see when it will get the upgrade and just be sure it is pointed at 101 at that time! I had the same problem with shifting to the left and needed the upgrade and now I'm watching a perfectly centered picture!

Good Luck!

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I know what to do now. I checked my software version and it is 4.0b Tomorrow I'm getting my oval dish installed and hopefully I'll be able to get the upgrade. To do that I just need to leave the receiver off overnite right?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Franks, I have the 18" dish only pointed at 119 for hdnet. I get the upgrade notice every day but uplug the sat cable before I go to bed. I assume that only pointing at 119 will give me the upgrade also. Are you saying pointing at 119 will give you the message, but the actual upgrade will never occur?? I need to get the centering feature as I am using 4.0b and picture is shifted 3 " to the right, but am using an h card, which wont work after I get the upgrade. I have this dilemma.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sunlover:
I need to get the centering feature as I am using 4.0b and picture is shifted 3 " to the right,
The raster centering adjustment was hidden in previous software versions. Try pressing the INFO and DOWN ARROW buttons simultaneously on the front panel of the DCT-100. This should get you into a service menu and I think the raster centering was at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi soycrema,

If your firmware is pre-4.037b, do the following:

* Press the INFO button and the DOWN ARROW key simultaneously ON THE UNIT.

* Use the DOWN ARROW to move the picture left or right.

Thanks,

Errol

------------------
Keohi HDTV

Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well you above posters are lifesavers. Accessed this service area, and centered the picture. Many thanks. No need to upgrade now. HDnet now fills the screen...yipeeee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.