AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to enter 2 new Discrete Codes into my Harmony 620 remote. Is my only option to pay $29 for an incident with Harmony to get this done - or can I contact them via email to do it? Or will the old tech support phone number still work?

I'm assuming there's no way for me to do it via the Harmony software - I spent a couple hours nosing around there and couldn't see a way to do it.

·
Registered
15,289 Posts
If you know the codes you can usually program them into a one-for-all brand remote and teach those to your harmony. I've added several discretes (and macros) that way.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EXCELLENT idea! How do you enter the discrete code into a one for all - I've never owned/used one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You can also just email tech support. No charge for email support. You might have to tell them where to get the code though or if you have the code, provide it in the email.

·
Registered
15,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen /forum/post/16986435

EXCELLENT idea! How do you enter the discrete code into a one for all - I've never owned/used one. Thanks.

The How to link in my sig tells how to program these 'advanced codes'. The hard part is finding the codes at hifi-remote.com or remotecentral.com, or post your equipment details and someone might post them. The Remotes link in my sig has a list of remotes with this capability.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts