AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a KV32FS100 Sony 32" flat sreen TV with a RM-Y180 remote control that came with it. I followed the instructions for use with my Jerrold cable box yet I get all of the channels except for premium stations such as HBO.

The configuration calls for the cable wire to a splitter with one connection then to the TV in the VHF/UFH port and the other split to the cable box. From the cable box to the VCR. Nothing out from the VCR.

After I let the TV program itself, I still don't get the premium stations.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Just FYI, the idea behind splitting the cable this way was to let you record one channel while you watch another.

The missing link here is that you need to hook the VCR up to your TV. First, look on the back of your VCR to see if there are some output jacks (usually RED, YELLOW and WHITE). Next, look on the back of your TV to see if there's a similar set of input jacks. If you find them, see if they are labelled as "INPUT2" or "INPUT3" or something similar.

Assuming you find both sets of jacks, next you need to get an A/V cable to connect these to each other.

Then, to watch the premium channels, you would need to turn on your VCR and tune it to HBO then switch the TV to INPUT2 (or whatever that input is called).

Btw, if your cable box also has a red/white/yellow output, you could use this to connect the cable box to your VCR. Then to tune the VCR to this input you would need to toggle to the line input. Sometimes this is done by tuning to channel 2, then pressing CH-DOWN, sometimes there is a button on the VCR's remote to do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.