AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had things worked out perfectly, but I got a new XBOX (old one broke) with HDMI output and now I'm stumped on the best setup.

I have 4 devices with digital outputs, but my TV (Panny TC-P50S1) only has 4 inputs.

My Devices:

Cable box/DVR

XBOX 360

Blu-Ray

Computer (DVI Out)

I tried a DVI-->Component cable for my computer, since I have heard some video cards send analog & digital signals via the DVI output. Apparently mine does not, because the TV screen is blank, whereas it worked fine when I was using my old DVI-HDMI cable. The PC also has S-Video out.

I'd like to leave my other 3 (non-PC) devices on HDMI and somehow get the PC to use the component input.

Any ideas on the best way to set this up? Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do you have surround sound with a receiver? Most receivers now have multiple HDMI inputs. Maybe purchase a cheaper receiver to run all 4 HDMI into it, then one HDMI out to TV.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

Nah, my receiver is older, no HDMI inputs. I'm currently running all my video & audio into the tv, then one optical audio to the receiver.

Kind of the reverse of what you're saying.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Or get a small auto-sensing HDMI switcher and run the 360, BD, and maybe the computer through it (but definitely not the DVR). As long as you only have one device on at a time, the box will auto-switch to that input. Or you can always use the little button on it to switch if you need to have multiple devices on at once.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by secutanudu
Thanks for the response.

Nah, my receiver is older, no HDMI inputs. I'm currently running all my video & audio into the tv, then one optical audio to the receiver.

Kind of the reverse of what you're saying.
Something like this would work like above ^ mentioned.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.