AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed it, and it works well, but everytime I go to "full screen", my mouse arrow stays put right to the left of center on my screen...what's up?

It never did this with the old HiPix. I'm an amateur, and am probably missing something obvious...am I?

BTW, the main reason I upgraded was the OSD of channel numbers in 3.0 while surfing. Was I supposed to get OSD of the channel in prior versions? I couldn't seem to find a way to do it, and they sure do help while surfing.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If you're using 2 video outputs, like a TV and a monitor, then be sure to uncheck the "use loopback cable" or something like that. If that box is checked, the HiPix app thinks you only have one display and it locks the mouse over the Full Screen button so you can get back to non-Full Screen at some point.

As for OSD...this is something that was added with 3.0. That is why you didn't see it before.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only one monitor, a CRT, but there are 2 seterate inputs on the PJ. One for the HiPix, and one for the Radeon card (for DVD and Dscaler). I'm at work, and I'll try what you said later, but if I remember, there was some reason unchecking the box messed something up, even though I don't actually use the loopback cable. (I never was clear on whether to uncheck or not because it says "2 monmitors" like you mention...and although I only have 1 monitor, I don't use the cable.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checking and unchecking loopback cable had no effect, other than now I don't have to hit full screen to view the image, and therefore I can move the mouse out of the way in my windows desktop, but it always comes back to the same spot when I switch to the HD input on the PJ (the input directly from the HiPix.

Someone suggested reinstalling HiPix standard over this version without uninstalling the current HiPix plus 3.0...does this sound right? Can it hurt? Is there a way to uninstall the 3.0 part only, or should I reinstall the 3.0 part over what I have now?

Remember, PC amateur here...

Wayne, I found your download, but was unsure what it would do. Does it hide the arrow all the time, or only after a few seconds of unuse? I''m hesitant to do much of anything, AVS said don't install anything I don't need. The HTPC isn't even on the net. I'll try it if you say so, but there must be a glitch somewhere...no one would put up with the arrow like this...plus, its about twice as big as the standard arrow.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
BZHider simply blanks the mouse (or rather, hides it in the upper-most top-right corner out of sight) after 3 seconds of non use. Great little utility! You might want to try IconHider as well to give your HTPC a completely STB appearence. I use both at startup & works great!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Jeff;

Perhaps the wording should have been "two display devices" rather than "two monitors", you SHOULD have that checked... 1 CRT + 1 PJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.