AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how to hard boot a UT Receiver. My friend asked me and I said I have no idea and never heard of such... any answers would be great..

Thanks,

Kenneth

·
Registered
3 Posts
To reset a UTV Ultimate TV receiver you must first place the receiver into standby, meaning that power is applied, but the receiver is off such that the power indicator light is not on.

Using the remote in DIRECTV or SAT mode, press the digits corresponding to the specific codes below.

When the receiver accepts a code, the lights on the front panel will flash briefly.

7264 - Clears the settings for telephone dialing script, forcing the receiver to dial a 1-800 number to connect to WebTV.

(does not clear dialing options)

12357 - This is like 7264, but it also clears the other dialing options and enables audible dialing.

(I use this as a typical hard boot)

5309 - Invokes a bootrom connection to the WebTV service. Serves as a safeguard to allow corrupted client software to update/correct itself via dialup.

55325532 - Recreates drive partitions for DVR programming.

(this will delete all your saved data)

32768 - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

last resort clearing of non-volatile RAM settings

(receiver must be unlocked or the red front panel light will flash 5 times)

I hope this helps people out there.

Enjoy...

P. S. There are more codes out there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmyskill
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows how to hard boot a UT Receiver...
Unplug the power ... wait ... plug the power back in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Since my upgrade, it is rather easy to hear the drive seeking. So, the question is, since I never hear it stop seeking (even in standby mode), what is it doing, and what safeguards are there so unplugging the power does not happen at the worst time, like in the middle of a file system update. I would never have the guts to pull the plug on a windows system if I could hear the hard drive seeking. This is the same software company, right :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
411 - Shows technical information for the box.

217 - Go to phone settings

7264 - Clears tellyscript (not dialing options, etc. currently also clear the tv listings.(Oct,2000)

7265 - Clears tellyscript (not dialing options, etc.).currently also clear the tv listings.(Oct,2000)

32768 - Clear flash NV RAM (including tellyscript, dialing options, etc. If the box is locked, then this secret code is disabled._(When the box is locked, the message light on the box flashes 5 times)

12357 - Here's what it does: Clear dialing options. Clear tellyscript and send user back through scriptless. Turn on audible dialing for diagnostic purposes.(unknown build)

77437 - Spooky Dialing Options

6502 - Mfg test code. (Go to Channel 100 directly) build 6684 and later. If the box is locked, then this secret code is disabled._ (When the box is locked, the message light on the box flashes 5 times)

110698 - Enable Offhook detect (Yellow light flashes)

110598 - Disable Offhook detect (Red light flashes)

072358 - Queries offhook detect state (yellow light-on, red light-off)

989898 - Set the client version number to 1.(useful for verifying approm upgrade) (This code will be turned off before shipment)

8675309 - Boot into Mini-Browser for downloading Boot or App ROMS (primarily development use for flashing BootROMS; unknown build)._Currently work with external bootrom(2545) only Oct,2000

5309 - Shorter version of 8675309. Boot into Mini-Browser for downloading Boot or App ROMS (primarily development use for flashing BootROMS; unknown build). currently work with external bootrom(2545)only.Oct, 2000t; This code does not work when approm corrupted. Use 8675309 when approm corrupted.

7225000 - Clears TV listings (unknown build).

7335000 - Clears TV IR codes (unknown build).

55325532- Delete All Partitions! (unknown build).

//internal builds only

972180 - Enable retail demo

242424 - Show Crash Log

711 - DirecTV data stream diagnostic

744744 - VFatHax - Browse file system

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.