AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HT PC Specs:

Dell E521, windows xp pro with sp3 bla bla bla, XFX nvidia 9500GT Video Card

I have a Samsung 52" LN52A630 LCD TV and when I hook up from the VGA it works just fine, the image is near perfect but not as sharp as I'd like. It does not fit on the tv screen when set to 1920x1080...the start menu is not there and the screen is slighly zoomed in.

I bought a DVI to HDMI cable, it displays the image just fine but its not pixel for pixel meaning it is distorted, I have tried messing around with the video card's settings and the tv does not have an option to auto-adjust for the signal.

The auto-adjust on the (analog) vga works flawlessly but its not a crystal clear image.

Is it my video card? the cable? a driver I need? or a limitation of the TV set?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelation /forum/post/16983618

Set your TV's HDMI input aspect ratio to "Just Scan"

ARRRGGGHH, you are probably right. I didnt even think about this. Yet I went thru all the video driver options, tried different video drivers...bah!

I will give it a shot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I also own 37AB530 samsung , when using HDMI port +DHMI-DVI adapter to hook up to my computer at full res 1920x1080 it lose 2 left,right corner ( overscan ? ) . I cant seem to fix it , already looked in service menu for overscan/1:1 pixel setting or smt like that but it not there ...The only way for me to use HDMI port to fit fullscreen is reduce resolution .

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
On newer Samsungs the Picture/size setting to disable overscan is no longer labeled "Just Scan" I believe it is "full size" or something like that. In any case if you try all of the Picture size options when sending a PC desktop application to the TV over component or HDMI you should find the right option.

Also be sure that your desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080 in order to get true 1:1 pixel mapping over VGA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts