AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another forum member was kind enough to supply me this download link which is the 1.0.0.5 firmware I need for my D1.

http://www.vinc.us/download/v-07-08-03.iso

Do I just burn that file like it is onto a CD and insert that into the D1? Is it that simple? Or am I dreaming? Please tell me how to use that file. I don't want to screw up my D1 (or at least screw it up any worse than it already is).

p.s. how do you determine which firmware version is in the D1?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
813 Posts
Robert,

There's a word file I can forward which details the procedure, let me know. In the meantime here's just the text portion of it :

1. Make an ISO CD Image of the firmware; any other type of CD copy will not work.

2. Connect the Composite Video output (yellow) of the Bravo D1 to the Composite Video input of a display or TV. This has to be done because once in the programming mode the Bravo D1 defaults to this output only for providing the instructions during the programming.

3. Power on the Bravo D1 and Open the disc tray.

4. Leaving the tray open, power off the Bravo D1 using the Power On/Off Switch on the player. Do not use the Power button on the Remote Control.

5. Place the CD of the new firmware in the tray, press and hold the Stop button on the Bravo D1, power on the Bravo D1 using the Power On/Off Switch on the player.

6. The display on the front of the Bravo D1 should show, “BOOT CDâ€. After this message appears the Stop button can be released.

7. The message will change to, “Loadingâ€, and after this the screen from the Composite Video output will be as below.

8. Press the Play button and the screen will change to the one below.

9. Press the Play button and the screen will change to the one below.

10. After 5-10 seconds the Bravo D1 display will begin to start counting to 100 and a progress bar will appear on the screen as shown below.

11. Once the firmware has been flashed the final screen will be shown, as below.

12. After the tray opens, power off the Bravo D1 by the Power button on the player. Remove the CD from the tray and power on the player. You have successfully flashed your Bravo D1 firmware.

The first step is the most important, the CD needs to be created as an ISO image not just copying the file to the CD. The option should be available in your CDR/W software.

The rest of the document details how to work the custom setting menu to define the resolutions. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bob,

YGM of about 960Kb in size. Good luck !

·
Registered
283 Posts
Perhaps someone can help me here. I received the two discs from Vinc for the latest firmware. I was able ti install the MPEG one without problem. The Servo one wont get to the loading part. Once it says BOOTCD it just starts ejecting and reloading the disc.. AM i missing something with this Servo disc?? Thanx

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bob, one more tidpit. You may experience problems with the CD-R once it is burned. I made at least 3 "coffee coasters" before I realized something was definitely wrong with the burning process. Some CD-R burning software will not be recognized by the Bravo D1 during the version update process. I found that NERO worked while Roxio didn't.............don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you, but others will vouch for this. Unless you get a disc from Vinc themselves, this is a known glitch. I have the exact same version number for my player.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sergio

I currently plan to buy a D2 at the end of the month.

Do you think the procedure in your word file will work on the D2,, if needed ?? I have DSL,, could you also send me a copy?

[email protected] South dot Net

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.